Saturday, April 16, 2016

Where are we now?

Time and life has continued although blog posts have not.  We have moved on while the blog sits and collects dust and cobwebs. A few attempts of dusting off the cobwebs have been made, but quickly the dust once again settles and there is silence on the wall.

Where are we?  We are still in Arizona, for 11 years now, it is hard to believe. The LuLu has graduated  from high school and has moved on to greener pastures of school, work and life of a young adult.  The MyMy is in her first year of high school, and anxious and ready to get her driver's permit.  Derrick is still banking, Kiwanising, and refereeing not only at home, but on the court and field. Me? I no longer do housework, although I should.  Occasionally I get the desire to cook up a good meal, or go on a walk, but mostly my time is spent working, studying and preparing for some event that is suppose to be important.  When I get the chance to do nothing but stay home, I do.  I am liking the hermit life, probably because it has no demands except for quiet, which is a nice reprieve.

What would I like to be doing? Gardening, walking, and blogging come to mind.  Reading again would be lovely.  Studying the scriptures and offering service here and there would be wonderful too.  Relaxing with my family without feeling guilty that there is still laundry that needs to be folded and toilets scrubbed.  Lounging in the pool at night under the stars listening to the hum of the crickets also sounds inviting.  I think I would also treasure an occasional lunch with friends without the guilt of things that still need to be done.  Life has been busy.

But, with that busy things have been accomplished.  I am now cerified to teach Montessori, an educational philosophy that I really am learning to love.  A beautiful school has been established and is now completeing its 3rd year of running.  The LuLu is now a citizen of the good ole' U.S. of A.   She is enjoying the benefits of education, work and driving that are offered because of that citizenship. The MyMy is growing in her talents of music, swimming and art, and is learning that hard work pays off. Youth have been driven to camps, youth conferences, temple open houses and other temple trips,  and they have been given many opportunities to grow and learn because of endless hours of activities and service. A beloved bearded dragon, Lizzie, has even survived three years of life under our care.  Fundraisers, and events to help kids are always in the works at our house too.  The landscaping is finally being finished, and hopefully soon, the house will once again be clean.

Hopefully a blog post or two will also show its way onto the scene.  Until then, I better go fold some laundry.




No comments: